Monday 1 August 2011

Baby Bonnet

I found an awesome tutorial here on The Cottage Home blog to make this adorable baby bonnet that I am going to give to a friend who is expecting in September.




I followed the steps exactly and it really was as simple as promised and it turned out really well!  I did find the step with the bias tape a little confusing and the first time I did it I realized it was wrong.  Out came the seam ripper and I started again (using my head a little more this time) and it came out just like it was supposed to.  The photographer didn't get that part in the pictures, but it looks adorable with a pink ribbon tied in a bow!  The only thing is that as you can kind of see in the pictures, it's a little small for Hadley (she's ten months old).  I'm not sure if it's because her head is really big or if I did something wrong...

Just a note for those of you who aren't as familiar with all the ins and outs of purchasing fabric: the interfacing is stored in the cutting tables (at Fabricland anyway) so you just ask for it when you are getting the rest of your fabric cut.  Make sure to grab the single fold bias tape in the notions section before you head over, because you'll need it cut there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment